Requirements and guidelines for passengers arriving to Russia on international flights
According to the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation №635-Р of March 16, 2020 for the purpose of ensuring state security, protecting public health and non-proliferation of a new coronavirus infection entry to the territory of the Russian Federation is restricted until further notice.
The Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation № 1915-Р of July 24, 2020 amended the decree № 635-Р of March 16, 2020. Starting from August 1, 2020, Russia resumes international flights with Turkey, Tanzania and the United Kingdom. From August 15 - with Switzerland.
- Visas of all categories shall be issued only to citizens of these countries, as well as to persons who have a residence permit or any other document proving the right of permanent residence in Turkey, Tanzania or the United Kingdom.
- The issuance of tourist visas, including visas in the form of an electronic document, has also been temporarily suspended.
- Tour operators operating in the field of international inbound tourism, in the current situation, are able to postpone the dates of travel of foreign tourists with their consent.
- The 14-day quarantine regime has been removed for passengers arriving into Russia from the countries to which international flights will resume on August 1.
- Russian citizens arriving in Russia on regular or charter flights from Australia, will be required to complete a form on the public services website (www.gosuslugi.ru) and then upload COVID-19 PCR-test results within three days of arrival. Passengers will also be required to complete a special form during the flight. In case of deterioration in health within 14 days upon arrival in Russia you should seek for a medical help without visiting a medical facility.
- Foreign citizens planning to fly into Russia, including transit passengers, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 PCR-test result in order to check in and board the flight. Passengers must be tested within 72 hours of the flight departure. They will also be required to complete a special form during the flight (please note that Aeroflot only accepts results from PCR-method COVID-19 tests. No other test results, including antibody tests, will be accepted). You may find and download the form here (sample of COVID-19 Pathology Request form).
- In Moscow, express PCR COVID-19 tests are available in Sheremetyevo and Vnukovo airports as well as in a number of state and private clinics.