Single-entry and double-entry Business Visas are issued for a period no longer than 90 days. Multiple-entry Business Visa is issued for up to 1 year. Please note, that according to the Russian Law multiple-entry visa permits the holder to stay at the territory of Russia no more then 90 days in every 180 days. Documents required:
- Double-sided Visa application form (one per person). No blank spaces must be left. If a question does not apply, please type "N/A". If the answer is none, write "None". Kindly ensure that the dates of your entry and exit, as entered in the application form, match with or fall within the period specified in the supporting documents. The form should bear the original signature of applicant and must be well readable. Please state clearly your contact telephone number (office and after hours). Incomplete forms, forms with no signature, forms with corrections, forms filled out illegibly or with different pens will be returned to the applicants unprocessed.
- One photograph of 3.5 by 4.5 cm, in color taken against a light background (white or off - white). The photo needs to display a full frontal view of the face. The facial image must be sharp and clear. Sunglasses or tinted glasses are not permitted. Head coverings and hats are only acceptable due to religious beliefs, and in this case there shall be a similar photo with a head covering in the applicant's passport. The photo must be glued on the form strictly at reserved place. If photograph presented does not meet the requirements an application will be considered incomplete. The photo should be glued (not stapled or attached using adhesive tape) to the specially marked place of the application form. Please, find our photo requirements here.
- Valid international passport or another ID recognized as such in the Russian Federation with at least 2 blank pages for visas. The passport should be submitted in original only and should be valid for at least six months after visa's expiration date stated in the invitation. The photo should be glued (not stapled or attached using adhesive tape) to the specially marked place of the application form.
- Document proving the purpose of the visit: original letter of invitation issued by an appropriate Russian Federal Migration Service branch or Regional Offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation only. If applying for a multiple-entry or double-entry visa, it should be specifically mentioned in the invitation. Business visa can be also granted if the company or person inviting you will arrange with the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation an electronic invitation - telex, which has to be sent directly to the Consulate General in Sydney. In this case, please, check with us that your electronic invitation from the Russian Foreign Ministry has arrived prior to sending your documents.
- A letter from the inviting company explaining the purpose of visit and its schedule (for double and multiple entries)
- Visa processing fees and time are in the section "Fees and processing time schedules"
- If the documents are submitted by post, an applicant must enclose a self-addressed envelope. Please ensure that you note the tracking number so that you may monitor the return of your documents. We strongly recommend that you choose a delivery service that enables you to track the arrival of your package, such as Express Post. Please be advised that if an applicant haven't enclosed an envelope the passport with visa won't be sent back and will be left for collection at our Office. If an applicant haven't filled out his address on an envelope the address will be filled out by the consular officer in accordance with the information in the question 17 (permanent address) of the application form. In both cases the Consulate General does not bear any responsibility for the delay in your passport's dispatch or loss. After receiving your passport with visa, please check the visa for possible mistakes (name, surname, passport number, date of birth, term of validity etc.) and, if necessary, return it to us for corrections. The Consulate will not be responsible for the mistakes, which were not brought to its attention before your departure from Australia.
Dear Applicants and visa agents, please follow the above requirements when submitting your papers. Otherwise, the documents will be returned unprocessed.
Files for downloading
Photo requirements for visa application (download)